17/08/2010

How a pee could save millions!

This is weird but true!

Before the days of S4C, Eric Dafydd, my cousin in law worked for the BBC and on a couple of occasions, when I was in Cardiff, I went to the BBC Club with him for a pint.

In early August 1978, I had had a few pints in the club and went to relive myself; when a member of the news team, who was standing by my side, said Sad about the Pope isn't it? I hadn't heard the news, but Pope Paul VI had died.

A couple of weeks later I was in Cardiff again. I went to the BBC Club toilet again, and the very same reporter peed next to me and said Sad about the Pope isn't it? JP I had died – Spooky!

Because Eric left the BBC on the establishment of S4C I never went to the BBC club again until I was asked to take part in a programme for the Beeb in 2005.

I was having a pee, when a member of the news team who was standing by my side said Sad about the Pope isn't it? I hadn't heard the news, but John Paul II had died!!

Valleys Mam, Welsh Agenda and Aeron Jones object to the state visit of the Pope, because of its cost to the public purse.

They have an easy way of stopping it! Put some pints in for me behind the bar of the BBC club Llandaf. If they put enough pints in to make me pee - the visit might have a major problem!

4 comments:

  1. Alwyn 5 pints on their way
    Loved the post ,still chuckling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not nice. Admire his Holiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Vatican will be demanding the closure of the BBC club once they hear this news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. salvation jane20/08/2010, 12:53

    1981. Prince Charles got married, Liverpool crowned soccer champions of Europe, Australia lost the Ashes, Pope died.

    2005. Prince Charles got married, Liverpool crowned soccer champions of Europe, Australia lost the Ashes, Pope died.


    The next time Charles gets married, someone better warn the Pope!

    ReplyDelete