17/11/2010

Yes Men Looking for AV Support in Wales

I have received this e-mail from Iestyn Davies the Welsh Organiser of the AV referendum Yes Campaign:

Hello friend,

My name is Iestyn Davies - I'm your Yes campaign organiser in Wales.

I am here to help Yes campaigners like you to build your own campaigns so that Wales says "Yes" to AV on 5 May 2011.

Your leadership will be critical to this effort. Right now, I am looking for local organisers to help build the campaign where you are. Will you take up the challenge and join me?

The Yes campaign got off to a fantastic start on Bonfire Night, with people coming together at events across the country. Now we need organisers in your area to keep up that momentum.

We have just under six months to make sure that the country is ready to seize this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

This is your chance to make a difference to the Yes campaign and change the future of British politics. Click here to find out more about becoming a local organiser and how you can help make Wales say "Yes"

I am really looking forward to campaigning with you for a new way of doing politics!

Best wishes,

Iestyn Davies
Organiser, Wales


My answer to Iestyn is NO, I'm not interested in the Lib Dem abuse of the electoral cycle in order to try and gain support for their half baked electoral reform compromise.

I will be campaigning in a much more important electoral contest on May 5th.

But I publish his appeal for support in the hope that Liberal and Labour AV supporters take their eye of the ball and put their efforts into AV rather than the Assembly campaign!

3 comments:

  1. I had one too. I think because I signed up some something about parliamentary reform a while back. Same as you though I won't be supporting AV. If it was STV I'd be straight out there but AV may even be worse than FPTP by consolidating more power in the hands of the Conservative, Labour and Lib Dem Parties at the expense of the voters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will also be voting No,the Lib Dumbs can get stuffed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwrthod newid y system. Cadarnhau beth rwyf yn meddwl am Plaid Cymru, Toriaid Gwyrdd.

    ReplyDelete