02/09/2010

What's in a name?

In about 1979-1983 or there about, the late Daily Post columnist Ivor Wynne Jones criticised me in one of his typically anti-Welsh columns regarding something I had said or done in the nationalist cause, in which he referred to me as the Rev Dr Allan ap Hugh. I dropped a note to the Post to say that I was not a Rev or a Dr and that I am Alwyn ap Huw rather than Ivor's interpretation of my name.

Ivor, being Ivor, couldn't accept that he had made a mistake and retorted:
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet - as would the name of the foulest stench of the briar smell as foul!

I appologise to Duncan Higgitt for getting his name wrong in my last post.

Having said that, I hate to admit it, but perhaps Ivor had a point!

2 comments:

  1. Duncan Higgitt is a Plaid man. He is a different person to Adam Higgitt who was Normal Mouth and is Labour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed they are brothers. Forgive this recent reader but what is the source of your dislike of the Wales Homesteaders?

    ReplyDelete