08/01/2009

Satan to get Welsh Bus pass?

According to a story in the Daily Post (which I can't find online) the atheist advertising campaign on London buses was so successful that it it is to be expanded to include buses that travel in north Wales.

The usual suspects have moaned about this development, of course; but I feel the need to welcome it.

There is an old saying that the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. To some extent this has been the Christian cause's biggest problem over the past 20 years or so in Wales. It's not that people are bitterly opposed to the Christian message, just that they are either unaware of its existence or don't care about its existence - they just don't talk about it!

When these anti-Christian messages appear on north Wales buses I share the hope of the organisers that they will get people talking about the issue!

I can't see many people who know Jesus Christ as their personal saviour being turned away from their faith as a result of the ads, but it is possible that the discussion that the ads might create will lead some to a personal knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ (As has happened in London).

Therefore I look forward to the first appearance of the adverts on the Arriva 25 service that goes through my village and I look forward to the chance to profess my faith and discuss it with others that this advertising campaign will create.


Cymraeg

1 comment:

  1. When these anti-Christian messages

    They're not "anti-Christian", just pro-rationality ;)

    ReplyDelete