The Welsh language is a working class language it has survived because it has been used by the lower classes of society.
The Welsh gentry ditched it in the 1600's when it became socially and politically advantageous for them to do so.
The middle and aspiring classes ditched the language gradually over the centuries because they saw it as a block to getting on in the world.
In 1891, the only time that Welsh was officially recorded as the majority language of Wales, almost every declared Welsh speaker was born into a working class family.
Given that Welsh is a working class language one would expect that the Labour Party, the worker's party would be one of its strongest supporters.
The Labour party has been the greatest force in trying to kill off the Welsh language since the Acts of Union. I don't understand why any Welsh speaker who isn't embarrassed about his or her linguistic heritage should vote Labour.
Here are numbers 66 to 79 of my 101 reasons for not voting Labour
66) A Labour Councillor suggests that providing comprehensive Welsh Language Education for all who choose to be educated in Welsh, whatever their ethnic background, is a form of ethnic cleansing
67) His party leader, the First Minister, agrees with him!!!
68) Glenys Kinnock, a Lady from Anglesey, claims that non Welsh speaking kids in Anglesey are made to piss in their pants, because the can't ask for the toilet in Welsh. Even when her own father tells her that she is wrong - she refuses to apologise!
69) When a Welsh learner asks the European Union to respect the Welsh Language one would expect that the only two native Welsh speakers in the parliament would support the measure. But no Eluned Morgan and Glenys Kinnock voted against official European recognition for their own first language.
70) The Labour Party, quite rightly, apologies about their racist slurs against Gypsies, but fail to see any similarity between the way that the state has oppresses both the Welsh and the Romany Languages.
71) Rhys Williams, a fluent Welsh speaking Labour candidate noting that he hates every other Welsh speaking person.
72) Ian Lucas refuses to use his legitimate parliamentary allowance to produce a bilingual Annual Report.
73)Ian Lucas insults a constituent for suggesting that his report should be bilingual
74) Chris Bryant (and Ian Lucas again) complaining about the fact that some Welsh Railway stations use the Welsh Language in their announcements.
75)Mark Tami MP for Alyn and Deeside's claim that Welsh Language communities group Cymuned is racist, because it supports the Welsh Language.
76) Dave Collins the brains of the Welsh Labour presence on the Internet suggesting that Welsh is a Brain Dead language
77) One of the more intelligent Labour bloggers Marcus Warner is sacked for having a blog, in the wake of Dave Collns' stupidity. Despite the fact that Marcus is making the effort to learn Welsh himself and will give his kids a Welsh language education.
78) Even some some people within the Labour party accept that the party is Anti Welsh
79) Huw Lewis thinks that those within the Labour party, who recognise that their anti Welsh image is harmful are delusional.